This article will show you How to Connect Two Computers to One Monitor Without KVM in order to connect two PCs together and share one monitor.
Here I will guide you through the steps on how to connect two different computers to one monitor with a composite video adapter.
How To Connect Two Computers To One Monitor Without KVM
Although the idea of connecting two PCs to one monitor using a KVM switch might seem like an Easy steps task, this is actually quite easy to do.
If you have a laptop and desktop computer, this can help you out when trying to watch a movie on your laptop and working on your desktop at the same time.
Let’s Start the Procedure!
1. Use Different Ports of Monitors
If you have two computers and want to connect them to one monitor, there are a few different ways you can do this.
If you have two computers that you want to connect to one monitor but don’t want to use a KVM switch, there are a few different ways to do this. To connect two computers to One monitor without KVM
- The first method is to use a VGA cable.
- Another Method is to use an HDMI cable.
The best way is to use a Using Different Post of your monitor to connect with another pc. Basically, there are different posts Like HDMI, VGA, and Display Ports on the Side of your monitors. You can use them to connect to another pc too.
Once your cables are connected, you’ll need to configure your computer’s settings so that they’re sharing the same display output. On Windows 11, this is done by opening the Settings app and clicking on Display in the left-hand menu.
And If you’re using a VGA or HDMI cable, make sure your monitors are both set to the same resolution and refresh rate. You can also use a VGA Or HDMI splitter if you have more than one monitor.
2. Use KVM software:
One way to connect two computers to one monitor is to use KVM software.
This software allows you to switch between the two computers using a keyboard and mouse. You can also use this software to share files and printers between the computers.
To use KVM software, you first need to install it on both of the computers.
Then, connect the cables from the monitors of each computer to the corresponding ports on the KVM switch.
Finally, start up the KVM switch and click on the icon for the computer that you want to use as your main computer. The other computer will now be used as a secondary monitor.
Microsoft Garage Mouse allows two computers to be connected to one monitor without the need for a KVM switch. The mouse connects wirelessly and can be used with either Windows or macOS.
To set up Microsoft Garage Mouse:
- On the computer that will be used as the main display, open the Control Panel and click on System and Security.
- Under System and Security, click on Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, double-click on Network adapters.
- 4. Under Network adapters, click on the name of the network adapter that will be used to connect to the other computer.
- Click on Properties.
- Under Connection Type, select Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Select Use the following addresses and port numbers. Input type: IP Address; Local Port: Default is 8080; Remote Port: 443
- Click OK twice to close the Properties windows on both computers’ Network adapters and return to the Device Manager window on your main computer’s display screen.
To Connect Two Computers to One Monitor using Microsoft Garage Mouse Without Borders:
1. Launch Microsoft Garage Mouse on your computer and sign in with your account credentials. If you don’t have an account yet, you can create one at site.
2. On the left side of the app, click Connect Monitor and select the monitor that you would like to connect to your other computer.
Note: If you are using a laptop screen, make sure it is plugged into an outlet and turned on before clicking Connect Monitor.
3. On the right side of the app, click Connect Computer.
4. In the Connect Computer dialog, type in the IP address or DNS name of the computer that you would like to connect to and click Connect.
5. Once the connection is established, your main screen will show up on the second monitor and your secondary monitor will be used for displaying logs and other information related to your Garage Mouse session.
If you need to disconnect the monitors, simply click Disconnect Monitor on the left side of the app and then Disconnect Computer on the right side.
And Also, These are the Famous KVM Software that you can use to connect Two computers to One monitor without KVM.
Input Director is software that allows you to connect two computers to one monitor using a KVM switch. Input Director works with most computers and monitors, allowing you to use one keyboard and mouse to control both computers.
This is an easy way to share documents or work on projects together. All you need is a KVM switch and the Input Director software.
Synergy is one of the best software that allows you to connect multiple computers to the same Monitor. There are a few ways to connect two computers to one monitor using Synergy. One way is to use a USB keyboard and mouse combo.
Another way is to use an infrared receiver and transmitter. Synergy works with most monitors, so you can use it to connect two computers without having to buy separate adapters.
Our Related Article Read it too: How long a computer monitor last
3. Use RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol)
Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) is a popular protocol used to connect two computers together. It allows users to access their computers from a remote location. RDP is mainly used for desktop sharing, but it can also be used for other purposes, such as online gaming.
To connect two computers using RDP, you will need:
1. A computer with RDP enabled. This can be either a work or home computer.
2. A second computer that you want to connect to your first computer via RDP. This second computer must have the same operating system and settings as your first computer. For example, both computers should have the same language, keyboard layout, and video settings.
3. An internet connection on both computers.
4. The RDP client software on both computers. There are many different RDP clients available, but the most common ones are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Citrix Receiver for Windows/Linux systems respectively.
Once you have these items ready, follow these steps:
1. On your first computer, open the RDP client and connect to the second computer. If you are using a Windows system, you will need to enter the following information:
- Server name: This is the name of the computer that you want to connect to.
- User name: This is the username that you will use to log in to the computer.
- Password: This is the password that you will use to log in to the computer.
2. On the second computer, open the RDP client and enter the following information:
- Server name: This is the name of your first computer.
- Port number: This is the port number that RDP uses (this can be any number between 3389 and 65535).
- User name: This is your username on your first computer.
- Password: This is your password on your first computer.
3. Once both computers are connected, you will be able to view all of your files, folders, and programs on your first computer from the second computer.
Related latest article: can computer monitors be Tracked
In This Article, I share with you the best way to connect two computers to one monitor without using a KVM switch. Basically, there are a few different ways that you can do this.
One option is to use an HDMI cable and adapter, which should work with most monitors.
Another option is to use a VGA cable and adapter, which might be more suitable if you have an older monitor or if your computer doesn’t have an HDMI port.
Whichever method you choose, make sure that the cables are long enough to reach from one computer to the other and that the connections are secure.
1. What is KVM?
KVM (Keyboard, Video, and Mouse) is a standard for connecting two computers to one monitor. With KVM, you can use one keyboard and mouse to control both computers.
This is useful if you have two monitors and want to use one for your primary computer and one for your secondary computer. You can also use KVM to connect three or more computers to one monitor.
2. How do I connect two computers using KVM?
To connect two computers using KVM, you first need to install a KVM switch. A KVM switch converts signals between the two computers so that they can be controlled by the keyboard and mouse from the single monitor.
After installing the switch, plug it in between the two computers. Next, connect the cables from the keyboard and mouse of the first computer to the corresponding ports on the KVM switch.
Finally, connect the cables from the monitor of the second computer to the corresponding ports on the KVM switch.
3. How do I use KVM to connect three or more computers to one monitor?
If you want to connect three or more computers to one monitor, you will need to buy a KVM switch that supports multiple monitors.
After installing the switch, plug it in between the first and second computer, between the second and third computer, and between the third and fourth computer.
Connect the cables from the keyboard and mouse of the first computer to the corresponding ports on the KVM switch.
Connect the cables from the monitor of the second computer to the corresponding ports on the KVM switch. Connect the cables from the monitor of the third computer to the corresponding ports on the KVM switch.
Connect the cables from the monitor of the fourth computer to the corresponding ports on the KVM switch.
Finally, connect your PC’s monitors to each other using an HDMI cable or VGA cable.
I am Rai Saleem (MSc. in Software Engineering). Worked with Different Tech StartUps. I have 4+ Years of Working Experience in the Software Industry. On This Plateform, I share My Experience and Providing Solutions for Computer problems.
I Started This Journey From 2G internet with 30KB downloading Speed to This modern 5G World. Now Sharing My IT Experience With loving People Like You. I am addicted to This Drug of Computer Science since My Childhood When I Got my first core 2 duo Pc.